Slow Cooker Harvest Vegetable Ragout
- 1/2 pound eggplant, peeled , cubed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small yellow squash, cubed
- 1 small zucchini, cubed
- 1/2 green pepper, seeded, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, seeded,
- 1/2 yellow pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Sprinkle salt over eggplant cubes in a large colander. Let stand 1 hour. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Stir eggplant, garlic, onion, yellow squash, zucchini, peppers, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, hot sauce and black pepper in a large bowl until well blended.
- Add eggplant mixture to cast iron crock.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 4 1/2 hours or MEDIUM for 8 to 9 hours.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and basil before serving.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.