Slow Cooker Hearty Beef Chili
- 3/4 pound boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sweet Italian sausage, casing removed
- 2/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 can (14 oz.) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (14 oz.) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef and sausage.
- Add onion, green pepper and garlic; stir until onions are tender.
- Drain; add to crock.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 4 to 5 hours or on LOW 8 to 10 hours.
Test Kitchen Tip: To use dry beans, soak and cook according to package directions. Use 1½ cups beans for each can of beans specified in recipe.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.