Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 quarts whole milk, divided
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Mix-ins: marshmallows, chocolate chips, caramel syrup, peppermink sticks, toffee chips
- In a small bowl, combine cocoa, sugar and salt. Whisk in about 1 cup milk until the mixture is blended.
- In a slow cooker crock, combine remaining milk, half and half and vanilla extract. Add chocolate mixture and whisk until blended.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or LOW for 5 to 5 1/2 hours or until desired temperature.
- To serve, pour hot chocolate into mugs and stir in your choice of mix-ins.
Test Kitchen Tip: For an adult version, add kahlua, amaretto, irish creme liquor or peppermint schnapps.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.