Slow Cooker Italian Roast Beef Sandwiches
- 1 jar (25.5 ounces) hot giardiniera, drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with green pepper, celery and onion
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 package (1 ounce) onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 3 to 4 pounds beef chuck roast
- 8 sandwich sub rolls
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- In a slow cooker crock, combine giardiniera, tomatoes, beef broth, soup mix, Italian seasoning and black pepper. Add beef roast and turn to coat with sauce and vegetables.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 5 to 5 1/2 hours or LOW for 8 to 9 hours until meat is cooked and can be shredded.
- Remove meat to a cutting board. Shred meat with two forks.
- Remove fat from vegetables and sauce.
- Serve shredded beef in sandwich sub rolls with vegetables and cheese.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.