Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken
- 1 package (1 ounce) onion soup mix
- 1 package (1 ounce) ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 jar (16 ounces) hot banana peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup butter
- In a large resealable plastic bag, add flour, black pepper and salt. Seal and shake. Add chicken to bag, then shake to coat with flour mixture. Place chicken in slow cooker crock.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining flour mixture, soup and dressing mixes with broth. Pour over chicken, then top with peppers and butter.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or LOW for 5 to 6 hours until chicken is cooked and can be shredded.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board. Shred with two forks.
- Add shredded chicken back into the crock. Stir until well blended.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or on slider buns.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.