Slow Cooker Mississippi Roast
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 pounds beef chuck roast
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 package (1 ounce) onion soup mix
- 1 package (1 ounce) ranch dressing mix
- 1 jar (12 ounce) sliced hot banana peppers, drained
- In a large resealable plastic bag, add flour, pepper and salt. Seal and shake. Add meat to bag, then shake to coat with flour mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium-high, melt butter. Add meat, cooking about 5 to 6 minutes on each side until golden brown. Place in slow cooker crock.
- Pour remaining flour mixture, broth, soup and dressing mix over meat, then top with peppers.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours or LOW for 8 to 9 hours until meat is cooked and can be shredded.
- Remove meat to a cutting board. Shred meat with two forks.
- Add meat back into the crock. Stir until well blended.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or on slider buns.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.