Slow Cooker Mole Enchilada Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 jar (8.2 oz.) mole
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10.8 oz.) corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 package (8 oz.) queso fresco, crumbled
- 1 pint sour cream, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet over medium-high, cook beef about 3 to 4 minutes until browned. Drain beef leaving a small amount of fat in skillet. Set aside.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat, add onion, peppers and garlic. Cook 4 to 5 minutes until onions are transluscent.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together beef broth and mole. Pour into skillet
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in beef, beans and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Spray slow cooker crock with nonstick cooking spray. Layer half of the tortilla strips, half of the meat mixture, half of the queso fresco and sour cream.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, beef mixture and queso fresco. Place crock in slow cooker base.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or on LOW for 4 hours.
- Top with sour cream and cilantro before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.