Slow Cooker Overnight Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CREAM CHEESE ICING
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Spray the inside of a recloseable zipper bag with nonstick spray. Place frozen bread loaf in bag. Thaw in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- On a lightly floured board, roll dough out to a 10 x 16-inch rectangle. If dough springs back when rolling, let dough rest 5 minutes and roll again.
- Spread butter over dough up to 1/2-inch from edges. In a small bowl combine brown sugar, granulated sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over buttered dough.
- Beginning with 16-inch side, roll tightly in jelly-roll fashion. Pinch long edge closed. Cut the dough evenly into 12 pieces.
- Line the slow cooker crock with two strips of parchment paper, crisscrossed in center. Arrange cinnamon rolls in crock. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place crock with cinnamon rolls in slow cooker base and cook on HIGH for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or LOW for 4 to 4 1/2 hours.
- Use parchment paper to lift rolls from crock. Let cool slightly, then ice.
- Icing: In a medium bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, cream cheese, butter, vanilla and salt. With an electric mixer, beat until smooth. Spread over warm rolls.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.