Slow Cooker Ramen Soup with Pork
- 1 container (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 packet (0.5 ounce) white miso soup mix
- 1 packet (0.5 ounce) red miso soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 to 3 pounds pork shoulder, fat removed
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 small Napa cabbage, thinly sliced and divided
- 2 packages Ramen noodles, seasoning packages discarded
- 6 large soft cooked eggs, peeled and halved
- Chopped cilantro
- Chopped peanuts
- In a slow cooker crock, combine broth, soup mixes, water, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, Sriracha sauce, fish sauce and lime juice. Add pork to broth mixture.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or LOW for 6 to 7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove pork to a cutting board and shred into bite-size pieces. Return pork to crock. Add carrots and mushrooms.
- Set slow cooker on HIGH and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Stir 1/2 of the cabbage and noodles into crock. Continue to cook on HIGH about 5 minutes or until noodles are cooked.
- Serve with remaining cabbage and noodles, egg halves, cilantro and peanuts.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.