Slow Cooker Rosemary Apricot Brisket
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 (3 3/4 lb.) trimmed beef brisket
- 1 cup beef broth, divided
- 1 lb. baby carrots
- 1 lb. petite red potatoes, cut in half
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 2/3 cup apricot preserves
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup flour
- Heat oil in stovetop-safe slow cooker cookware over medium-high heat.
- Rub 2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper over both sides of beef. Add brisket to cookware; cook 8 minutes, turning at 4 minutes.
- Remove brisket; set aside. Add 1/2 cup broth to cookware; stirring until mixture is reduced.
- Place cookware in base; add carrots, potatoes, onion, remaining salt and pepper. Top with brisket.
- Stir preserves, vinegar, garlic, rosemary and remaining broth; pour over brisket.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or Low 7 1/2 to 8 hours.
- Remove brisket and vegetables from crock.
- Add flour to medium bowl; whisk in 1 cup liquid from crock. Heat crock over medium-high heat until mixture boils; gradually stir flour mixture into crock until mixture thickens.
- Slice brisket before serving and serve with vegetables and gravy.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.