Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- 1 jar (24 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (10 ounces) tomatoes with diced green chilies
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) corn kernels, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 4 pounds skin-on, bone-in chicken breast halves (about 6)
- Cooked white rice
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Sliced avocados
- Sour cream
- In a slow cooker crock, combine salsa, tomatoes, corn, black beans, green chilies, 1/4 cup cilantro, salt, cumin and black pepper. Add chicken breasts.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or LOW for 6 to 7 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken breasts to a cutting board. Shred chicken, discarding skin and bones. Add shredded chicken to crock and stir to combine.
- Serve chicken mixture over rice. Top with cheese, avocado and sour cream. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.