Slow Cooker Spinach Risotto
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves, minced
- 2 cups short-grain rice, such as Arborio
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 package (10-ounce) fresh spinach, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet or stovetop-safe slow cooker crock, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Stirring occasionally, cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice. Cook and stir for two minutes, or until the rice is well coated. Place stovetop-safe vessel with rice mixture in slow cooker or spoon rice mixture into slow cooker crock.
- Pour in chicken broth, wine, salt and pepper.
- Cook on HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until rice is tender and most of liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in spinach, basil and Parmesan cheese. Cook 15 minutes longer until spinach is wilted and cheese is melted.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.