Slow Cooker Sticky Jalapeño Hot Wings
- 5 to 6 pounds chicken wings, trimmed
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 jalapeno peppers, fresh, seeds included, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- Trim chicken wings by cutting into three pieces at the joints. Discard chicken wing tip, keeping the two meatier pieces.
- Optional for extra browning: Place chicken wings on large, foil-lined baking sheet. Broil at high temperature until wings begin to brown, turning once, for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Place chicken wings in slow cooker.
- Combine ketchup, corn syrup, brown sugar, soy sauce, and dry mustard in medium saucepan and heat on stovetop until boiling.
- Remove from heat and add jalapenos, onion and garlic to sauce. Stir to combine.
- Pour sauce over chicken wings in slow cooker, stirring to baste all of the wings with sauce.
- Cook on HIGH 2-3 hours, LOW 4-5 hours. Baste chicken wings with sauce once during cooking.
- Serve with sauce. Garnish with chopped green onions, if desired.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.