Slow Cooker Three-Bean Turkey Chili
- 2 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cans (10 oz. each) diced tomatoes with green chilies*
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Shredded cheese and jalapenos, optional
- Sauté onion, green pepper and garlic in large pan until softened.
- Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain fat.
- Place meat mixture in slow cooker.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, beef broth, chili powder, cumin, and oregano to slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Add beans. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook 4 hours on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW.
- Season with salt and pepper before serving. Garnish with shredded cheese and sliced jalapeno peppers, if desired.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.