Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup
- â€‹2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cans (28 oz. each) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Heat olive oil in stovetop-safe slow cooker cookware over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, cook 2 minutes; stir in tomatoes and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, tomato paste, basil, sugar, salt, red pepper and black pepper to cookware. Stir until well blended. Place in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4 hours. Stir in heavy cream before serving.
Test Kitchen Tip: If using a slow cooker with a ceramic crock, cook vegetables in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer ingredients to slow cooker crock and cook as directed.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.