Slow Cooker Turkey Tortilla Soup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 cups shredded leftover turkey
- 1 can (48 oz.) chicken broth
- 2 cans (10 oz. each) mild diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) corn, drained
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- Tortilla chips
- Heat olive oil in stovetop-safe slow cooker cookware over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, cook 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except tortilla chips. Stir until well blended. Place in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook for 2 hours on HIGH or 4 hours on LOW.
- Top with broken tortilla chips and garnish with sour cream, sliced avocado and chopped cilantro, if desired.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.