Smoky Cajun Beer Can Chicken
- Wood chips
- 1 (7-8 pounds) whole chicken
- 2 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (16 oz.) beer
- Soak wood chips in water at least one hour.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Tuck the chicken wing tips behind the back. Rub spice mixture over chicken.
- Prepare to grill chicken over indirect heat. Turn the two burners on each side of the SmokeStation™ drawer on MEDIUM heat GRILL ZONE (YELLOW). Leave the remaining burners in the OFF position.
- Open the beer can and pour out half the beer. Punch a few more holes in the top of the can with a can opener.
- Place the chicken cavity down over the top of the beer can.
- Transfer the chicken and the beer to the grill, placing over the burners in the OFF position. Balance the chicken on the beer can and legs like a tripod.
- Grill chicken until done (170°F in breast) and juices run clear.
- Carefully remove the chicken and beer can from the grill using a wide spatula. Be careful not to spill the beer as it will be hot.
- Let chicken rest 10 minutes before removing from beer can.
Serves: 4 to 6
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.