Sous Vide Baked Apples with Caramel Sauce
- 6 medium Golden Delicious apples
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Select sous vide mode and set temperature to 185ºF and time for 90 minutes.
- Core the apples leaving the bottom intact. Peel about 1/2 inch around the top.
- In a small bowl, combine 6 tablespoons brown sugar, golden raisins and cinnamon. Fill cores of apples with brown sugar mixture until almost full.
- Cut butter into 1/2 tablespoon-size pieces and insert into brown sugar mixture in apple cores. Place each apple in a sous vide-safe bag. Vacuum tightly and seal.
- When water reaches set temperature, add the apples to the water bath and press start.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-high, bring apple juice and brown sugar to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream. Set aside.
- When cooking time has ended, remove bags from water bath and open. Place apples on serving plates, top with caramel sauce and serve.
Test Kitchen Tip: Increase or decrease cooking time for different varieties of apples or desired doneness. Serve with vanilla ice cream as an extra treat.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.