Spicy Turkey Burgers with Avocado and Shallot Relish
- 1 small shallot, halved
- 1 small tomato, halved and seeded
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons spicy steak seasoning
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- Add shallot to food processor bowl; pulse until minced. Reserve half of the chopped shallot.
- Pulse tomato and cilantro until chopped. Stir in avocado, oil, juice, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- Combine turkey, reserved shallot and seasoning until well blended. Form into 4 patties.
- Preheat grill to 450°F or set on SEAR.
- Place burgers on grill. Grill 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through or until meat thermometer registers 165°F.
- Top each bun with refirgerated avocado relish.
TEST KITCHEN TIP: For food safety, turkey must reach an internal temperature of 165°F. Visit www.foodsafety.gov for more information on safe internal cooking temperatures.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.