Spiralized Potato and Egg Nests
- 1 large (10 ounces) Russet potato
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Chopped chives
- Coarse black pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Using a spiralizer, make spirals of potato. Place potato spirals in paper towels and squeeze out the moisture. Repeat until potato spirals are dry.
- Place a small (6 1/2-inch) cast iron skillet in the oven to heat for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a large bowl, stir potato spirals, onion, vegetable oil, salt and ground black pepper until well blended.
- Spray hot skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add potato mixture to skillet and move mixture up the side.
- Bake until the edge is slightly brown and crisp, 23 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and add eggs to the potato mixture.
- Bake until eggs are cooked to desired doneness, an additional 10 to 12 minutes. Garnish with chopped chives and coarse black pepper.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.