Spiralizer Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Add onion, garlic and 2 tablespoons butter. Microwave on HIGH until butter is melted and onion is tender.
- Using a spirializer, make ribbons of potatoes. Arrange potato ribbons in baking dish and cover.
- Microwave potatoes on HIGH until fork tender, about 3 minutes.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Whisk in flour, mustard, salt and black pepper until smooth. Add milk. Whisk until smooth and thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add 1 cup cheese and stir until melted.
- Pour cheese sauce over potatoes. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Using a spoon, press mixture into baking dish.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl in microwave oven, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Stir in crumbs. Sprinkle over top of potatoes and cheese sauce.
- Bake in oven until potatoes are tender, cheese is bubbly and crumb topping is browned, 30 to 40 minutes.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.