Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Slow Cookers
- 1 package (16 oz.) dried green split peas, rinsed
- 1 (8 to 10 oz.) ham steak, cubed
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 fresh parsley sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange peas, ham, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion and garlic evenly in slow cooker crock.
- Place parsley and bay leaf on top.
- Pour chicken broth and water over ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours or LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- When peas and potatoes are soft, remove parsley and bay leaf.
- Blend with an immersion blender, if desired.
- If mixture is too thick, add more water or chicken broth as necessary. Season with more salt and pepper, if desired.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.