Presidents Day Sale - Save 20% on Everything
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Assorted food colors
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tins with baking cups.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set mixture aside.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and sugar. Beat until they are pale yellow and fluffy, then add eggs one at a time until blended.
- Add vanilla, flour mixture and milk. Beat until just combined.
- Fill baking cups 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool.
- Prepare Vanilla Buttercream Frosting. Divide frosting into 4 small bowls. Using food colors, tint frosting.
- Use large round tip to make swirls in pink, blue or yellow to make the flower. Use a leaf tip to add leaves in green frosting.
- To make grass, use a small round tip and green frosting. Squeeze decorating bag until a round ball forms, then release pressure from decorating bag and pull up quickly to create pointed ends.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.