Spring Pea Soup with Lemon and Mint
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 3 1/2 cups blanched fresh peas or 1 package (16 oz.) frozen petite peas, defrosted and drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons half and half
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Plain Greek yogurt
- In a small saucepan over medium-high, melt the butter. Add the onions and shallots. Cook until onions are clear, about 4 minutes.
- Spoon onion mixture into a blender jar. Add peas, broth, mint, half and half, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Blend on PUREE or HIGH for 2 minutes or desired consistency is reached.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Swirl in yogurt before serving.
Test Kitchen Tip: To further improve the smooth consistency of the soup, press it through a fine mesh strainer or food mill after blending.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.