Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Rice Cooker
- 2 cups long grain brown rice, rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 cup whole kernel corn (thawed if frozen)
- 1 1/2 cups medium chunky salsa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese for garnish, if desired
- Add rice, broth, water, black beans, corn, salsa, salt, pepper and butter to rice cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and push COOK switch down.
- When WARM indicator light glows, remove cover and stir in green onions.
- Cover. Let rice remain on WARM setting for 10 minutes more before serving.
- Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese if desired.
: Approx. 55 minutes Nutritional Information:
(Based on Individual Serving: 5 oz.)
• Calories: 170 • Total Fat: 4.5g • Saturated: 2.5g • Cholesterol: 10mg • Sodium: 630mg
• Carbohydrates: 26g • Dietary Fiber: 3g • Sugars: 2g • Protein: 5g Serves: 15
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.