- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 325°F. Spray a 13x9-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add butter, sugar and vanilla extract. Beat on MEDIUM speed until they are combined. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until well blended.
- Add flour mixture. Beat until just combined. Spread in prepared dish.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Place on wire rack to cool.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1/2 cup heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk.
- Using a wooden skewer, poke holes all over the cake. Pour milk mixture over cake and let stand 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining 2 cups heavy cream and confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form.
- Spread whipped cream mixture evenly over cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.