Valentine's Day Sugar Cookies
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkles or colored sugar, optional
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- With a stand mixer on HIGH, beat butter and sugar for 1 minute or until creamy. Reduce speed and beat in egg and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Gradually add dry ingredients until combined.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with a 3-inch cookie cutter. Transfer to the parchment paper. Decorate with sprinkles or colored sugar, if desired.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned on edges.
- Place the cookie sheet on a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes. Remove from parchment paper and cool completely on wire rack.
Test Kitchen Tip: Use a small cookie cutter to cut out the center of each cookie. Remove center and fill center with colored sugar. Bake centers with the larger cookies according to the recipe.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.