Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Beat butter, milk and vanilla in large bowl until creamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar; beat until creamy and smooth. Add more milk if mixture is too thick.
- Spread onto cupcakes or cake.
TEST KITCHEN TIP: For seasonal or special occasions, color frosting with food coloring.
Nutritional Information: 1/20 of a recipe (0.5 ounces) • Calories 84.21 • Calories From Fat (96%) 81.22 • Total Fat 9.24g 14% • Saturated Fat 5.85g 29% • Cholesterol 24.52mg 8% • Sodium 81.78mg 3% • Potassium 5.18mg <1% • Total Carbohydrates 0.48g <1% • Fiber 0g 0% • Sugar 0.48g • Protein 0.15g <1%
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.