- 1 pound eggplant, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 each of yellow, red and green peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Place eggplant cubes in colander; sprinkle with kosher salt. Set aside.
- Spray slow cooker crock lightly with cooking spray.
- Add onion, zucchini, squash, peppers, tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, salt, hot sauce and black pepper to crock.
- Rinse eggplant and pat dry; add to crock.
- Stir all ingredients. Cover and cook on HIGH 2 1/2 hours or LOW 4 1/2 hours until vegetables are cooked.
- Mix in lemon juice, basil and parsley 15 minutes before serving.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.