Warm Butternut Squash and Quinoa Salad
- 1 1/2 lbs. butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Jamaican Jerk Seasoning, divided
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup hot mango chutney
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 cups shredded kale
- 1 cup shredded radicchio
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add squash, oil and 2 teaspoons Jamaican Jerk Seasoning; stir until squash is coated.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Add onion and garlic to food processor bowl. Pulse until chopped.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon Jamaican Jerk Seasoning and remaining Dressing ingredients to food processor bowl.
- Process until blended.
- Toss squash, dressing, kale, radicchio and quinoa in a large bowl until blended.
- Sprinkle with walnuts before serving, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tip: Quinoa can be cooked in a rice cooker. Use 1 cup quinoa with 2 cups of water.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.