Quick Chicken and Rice Soup
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup frozen chopped onions and peppers
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried sage leaves
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups cooked rice
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high, melt butter. Add onions, peppers, celery and carrots. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, black pepper, thyme, sage and turmeric. Add chicken stock and stir until blended. Heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add chicken and rice. Simmer 10 minutes or until heated through.
Test Kitchen Tip: For easy meal planning, prepare a quantity of rice in a rice cooker and make Slow Cooker Basic Shredded Chicken. Reserve remaining rice and chicken for other meals.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.